An e-learning tool, in which lecturers reflect on their diversity skills, develop their skills and gain practical tips for the implementation of university didactics was developed within the one-year cooperation project “DiVers” by the University of Cologne and the RWTH Aachen.
On the basis of self-assessment questions, learning modules and a glossary, the self-reflection of the teachers is stimulated as well as their expertise and professional action promoted. These include, among others:
- the reflection of their own diversity of roles,
- the design of communication and interaction,
- the integration of diversity aspects into the specialist content,
- the choice of teaching and learning methods as well
- the review of accomplishments.
References to literature and web links can be used to individually develop the diversity competences.
The DiVers tool is managed by the Gender & Diversity Management Unit.